- Claims against estates for further provisions under the Family Protection Act 1955.
- Claims against estates for compensation for work and services under the Law Reform (Testamentary Promises) Act 1949.
- Claims against estates on the basis of mutual wills.
- Setting aside wills on the grounds of the exercise of undue influence on the deceased.
- Setting aside wills on the grounds of the incapacity of the deceased.
- Applications under s14 of the Wills Act 2007 that unexecuted wills be admitted to probate.
- Protection of Personal Property Rights Act 1988 applications for appointment of Property Managers and Welfare Guardians.
- Disputes over Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Applications to make new wills for incapacitated persons.
- Applications to remove trustees.
- Claims against trustees for breach of their duties as trustee.
- Defending trustees against claims that they have breached their duty.
- Disputes between trustees and beneficiaries.
- Applications for an account by trustees.
- Untangling complex trust and company arrangements.
- Policy response in the context of earthquake damage to residential and commercial buildings.
- The duties of insurance brokers.
- Exceptions to exclusion clauses in insurance policies under section 11 of the Insurance Law Reform Act 1977.
- Declined claims on grounds of material non-disclosure.
Banking and Finance cases
- The avoidance of bank guarantees on mortgages on the grounds of presumed undue influence.
- Enforcement of Loans, Mortgages and Guarantees on behalf of financial institutions.
- Priorities in relation to complex invoice financing agreements.
- Maintenance obligations of landlord and tenants.
- Cancellation of leases and relief against cancellation.
- Rent reviews.
- Applications for specific performance.
- Applications for partition of land.
- Sale and purchase disputes.
- Caveat disputes.
- Obligations of builders, sub-contractors, developers, company directors, engineers and architects under the Weathertight Homes Resolution Services Act 2006.
- Applications for payment under the Construction Contracts Act 2002.
- Disputes under building contracts including 3910.
Resource Management and Environmental Law
- Applications for Resource Consents.
- Opposing applications for resource consents.
- Submissions on plans and plan changes.
- Civil Litigation
- Resource Management and Environmental Law