PERSONAL ASSISTANT / LEGAL SECRETARY
Family Law Team
We are looking for a full time Personal Assistant / Legal Secretary to assist a Partner and provide support to Solicitors in our busy Family Law team, currently comprising two Partners, three Solicitors and three P.A./Legal Secretaries. The position will be for a fixed term to cover Parental Leave for up to one year, commencing from mid July.
Law firm experience would be an advantage. We are looking excellent for organisational skills, a good typing speed, strong Microsoft Word and Outlook skills, excellent communication and English skills, a comfortable and professional telephone manner, the ability to work in a team environment, a positive attitude and a keenness to learn.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting documents and liaising with various parties including clients, Family Court Officers, the Ministry of Justice (Legal Aid) and other legal practitioners;
- Managing files and correspondence, including opening and closing/archiving files and digital dictation;
- Acting as client liaison for the team, including managing the diary appointment process, communicating with clients when lawyers are not available and meeting with clients as required.
Harmans offers a friendly, fun and supportive environment. If you are looking for challenging work and you have energy and enthusiasm, we would like to hear from you.
Applications should be submitted along with a curriculum vitae to:
2018 / 2019 Summer Clerk
Experience your first taste of legal life in a modern, vibrant and fun environment. Become our next summer clerk and benefit from our successful and widely renowned programme.
We will provide:
- a structured rotation providing a wide variety of work in teams dealing with commercial, conveyancing, banking and finance, litigation, estates, seniors, and family law,
- ongoing training and constructive feedback,
- first opportunity to apply for a later graduate role (if available),
- an opportunity to assess what areas of law you enjoy most,
- more than just photocopying and scanning.
Interested? Email your CV by 30th June 2018 to our Practice Manager: email@example.com