Commercial/Private Client Lawyer
An exciting opportunity for variety in practice!
Harmans is a leading law firm located in the Central City area. We are seeking an experienced and motivated lawyer to join our well-regarded, dynamic and growing firm.
An exciting long-term opportunity is available in our commercial/private client team for an ambitious lawyer with 3-5 years post-admission experience who thrives on a varied diet of work. As we value strong relationships with clients, the successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and a strong desire to build a practice. The position involves direct client contact and you will work with appropriate autonomy, closely in conjunction with a partner whose diverse practice areas include trusts and estate planning, commercial property law, and conveyancing.
We have a great work atmosphere in modern offices and offer a competitive remuneration package together with a commitment to developing the skills and knowledge base of our lawyers, including on-going training.
If this sounds like you - apply today!
To apply for this job go to: http://talentpropellerjobs.co.nz & enter ref code: 5433272
Applications close 30th April 2021
AML Compliance Officer
Harmans is a leading Canterbury law firm that has served the region for over 130 years, located in the Central City area. We are looking for a part-time AML Compliance Officer who will be responsible for administering and maintaining Harmans' AML/CFT Compliance Programme and Risk Assessment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and maintain the AML/CFT Compliance Programme & Risk Assessment
- Liaise with AML Committee with any changes to the AML/CFT Compliance Programme & Risk Assessment
- Oversee the CDD and EDD process which includes identity checks, PEP checks, source of wealth, ongoing monitoring and other verification activities
- Carry out compliance monitoring activities including reviewing on-boarding carried out by staff
- Assess and monitor outsourced service providers
- Assist the business to identify and report suspicious activities
- Create and deliver a training programme to all staff
- Support a culture of compliance by following Harmans internal policies, and proactively raising any compliance concerns
- Prepare relevant reports for management and the Board of Partners outlining key AML compliance activities
- Complete annual reporting requirements and participate in regulatory audits
You must be able to show:
- Experience and sound knowledge of the AML/CFT compliance and regulatory framework
- Strong relationship building skills
- Process improvement focused
- Ability to analyse complex data
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
Harmans offers a competitive salary based on skills and experience, in a friendly, fun and supportive modern office environment.
If this sounds like you, do not miss this rare part-time opportunity.
To apply for this job go to: http://talentpropellerjobs.co.nz & enter ref code: 5422118
Applications close 30th April 2021
Personal Assistant / Legal Secretary
Harmans is a leading Canterbury law firm that has served the region for over 130 years, with offices located in the Central City and Papanui area. We are seeking a full-time PA/Legal Secretary to assist a senior associate and solicitor in our busy Seniors Law team.
Applicants should be bright, enthusiastic and have a proactive approach to work. We are looking for someone who is extremely organised and is able to respond well under pressure. As we value strong relationships with clients you will need empathy and a good rapport with the elderly.
You will need the following key attributes:
- Legal experience, ideally with strong residential conveyancing, Wills, and EPOA skills
- Administrative support, dictation transcription, copy-typing and document preparation
- Strong Microsoft Word and Outlook skills with a high level of accuracy
- A mature, confident, proactive attitude, able to use initiative
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a team, sometimes outside normal working hours
- Pride in the presentation of work
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Harmans offers a friendly, fun and supportive environment in modern offices. If you are looking for a challenging role with variety and you have a great work ethic, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this job go to: http://talentpropellerjobs.co.nz & enter ref code: 5395148.
Applications close 30 April 2021